ReStore Pick-Up Criteria and Policies
Items We Cannot Accept for Pick-Up
· Anything that is broken, severely torn, stained, odorous, or covered in excessive pet hair
· Used mattresses, box springs, or pillows (Mattresses under 30 days old and completely enclosed by a zipper cover or plastic may be accepted)
· Non-working appliances or appliances with broken/missing pieces
· Any item containing asbestos
· Flammable or combustible chemicals
· Automotive parts or fluids
· Windows or doors with broken/cracked glass
· Screen doors with broken or torn screens
· Paint that does not meet the following criteria: Must be free of rust with intact labels, under three years old, and at least half full (Pick up available depending on quantity)
· Anything damaged by water or mold
· Used lumber, trim, etc containing nails, screws, or fasteners
· Unframed mirrors or glass
· Previously installed tile
· TVs that are not flat screens made after 2009
· Used insulation
· Shower doors
NO FULL FLIGHTS OF INTERIOR STAIRS – All items need to be on the main level of the home in a place where they can be moved out conveniently and safely. Split level homes or apartments with a single flight of exterior stairs may be excluded from this policy. Please let the Donations Manager know of any complicating factors such as stairs, steep driveways, etc. when scheduling your pick-up.
ENTERTAINMENT CENTERS and SLEEPER SOFAS must be in garage or on driveway/carport for pick up to be conducted.
Pick-ups are conducted at the driver’s discretion. If an item is in a condition that does not meet our standards or is in a location from which it cannot be safely moved under the circumstances, drivers may refuse the pick-up.
If you have questions, please call us at 423-634-1004, ext. 1, or contact our Donations Manager, Lindsey Lanier, at firstname.lastname@example.org.