Construction Crew Leadership AmeriCorps National Position (10 month service position)
The Construction Crew Leader serves at Habitat for Humanity of Greater Chattanooga Area. The Crew Leader will directly impact the increase in families served by allowing expansion of newer programs and by providing support to new construction. This is a full-time AmeriCorps National Direct service position. Please visit AmeriCorps.gov for more information on the AmeriCorps program.
· Assist in training volunteers in Neighborhood Revitalization project related areas
· Organize tools and materials needed for a build day
· Lead small groups of volunteers ensuring they are well engaged while on the project sites
· Assist with hands on construction tasks such as site prep, framing, siding, finish work, painting and landscaping.
· Attend and participate in select affiliate events; responsibilities may include set up, clean up, and engaging with attendees and informing them about the AmeriCorps program, our affiliate’s mission and Neighborhood Revitalization program, and how to become a volunteer and/or partner family.
· Build and maintain relationships with volunteers
· Complete the reporting and timesheet requirements of the AmeriCorps program in a timely, accurate, and thorough manner.
· Arrive on time and ready to serve, and promote the mission, goals and values of the AmeriCorps program.
Qualifications: Successful candidate would possess:
· Excellent interpersonal skills
· Must be organized and self-motivated
· Willingness to learn new construction related skills
· Commitment to the mission of the organization
· Strong work ethic required
· Ability to drive a light-duty pickup truck or commercial van
Valid driver’s license and proof of insurance required; Personal vehicle may be reqd for traveling to work locations (approved service-related mileage will be reimbursed per affiliate’s policy).
Ability to work Tues-Sat 7a-4p
· Ability to work construction-related tasks
· Ability to lift 35-40 lbs on a regular basis
· Ability to climb ladders and work on uneven ground.
· Ability to work outside in hot, humid weather as well as cold weather.
Ability to stand for long periods of time.
Resumes accepted through Friday, September 28th via email to email@example.com
This position is located in Chattanooga, TN
No Phone Calls Please
Habitat is an Equal Opportunity Employer / Provides Equal Housing Opportunity